Rare Heritage Collection @ Blair Plain for sale
Esteemed heritage value, own a piece of Singapore’s history
Land size est.1608 sqft
2 storey attic
Convenient and accessibility
Near MRT stations
What makes Blair Road so unique is that the houses were built with vastly different architectural styles. The terrace houses reflect an eclectic mixture of Chinese, Malay, and European design elements.
The Chinese influence on the architectural styles is seen in the following elements:
- a courtyard plan inside the house
- a round gable at the end of the pitched roofs
- The Airwell opens directly to the sky to provide natural ventilation and lighting to the interior.
- bat wing-shaped air vents above the first-storey windows
- friezes of coloured ceramic chips featuring dragon, phoenix and flower motifs
The Malay influence is visible in the timber fretwork of the roof eaves, fascia boards and balustrades design.
The European influence is evident in the fanlights, French windows, Portuguese jalousie (shuttered windows), plasterworks, panelled pintu besar or main doors and pintu pagar or door gate.
British colonial influence is represented by the Corinthian pilasters on the upper storeys.
Property TypeLanded House
Floor Area3,000 sqft
Land Area1,608 sqft
Rare heritage collection @ blair plain